Intro

Week 1!! 

Beginnings: My obsession with all things Asian began over 20 years ago when I stumbled upon my first anime: Sailor Moon. Since then, my life has snowballed to encompass so many "nerdy" interests. Anime, Asian drama series and movies, fantasy, science-fiction, conventions, and of course cooking. Living in a small country town, it is next to impossible to find the dishes shown in Asian television and movies. 


A few years ago I began recreating dishes at home so I could experience them too. I have had so much fun and have learned a lot about cooking and different Asian cultures in the process. Now I want to share a little bit of that with the world. 

Menu for week 1 will be... Korean Tteokbokki [stir-fried rice cakes]! 떡볶이

photo credit: Serious Eats

As one of the most popular street foods, this dish appears in many Korean Drama series. In Let's Eat 2 episode 15, a very hungry Hyeon-jin Seo devours someone else's Tteokbokki at a street cart. A lot of variations can be made to this dish so I will only be incorporating the most popular. I'm so excited to try this dish for the first time! 

See you next week 
KitchenWeeb


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Korean Tteokbokki 떡볶이